Thursday, October 15, 2009

BBWs Say Online Dating Doesn't Work. What Is Your Opinion?


The Associated Press called me up the other day to discuss online dating and in particular, dating sites that cater to BBWs.(Big Beautiful Women, coined by Carol Shaw, founder of the original Big Beautiful Woman magazine and a woman with a real set of balls!)
I had written about my personal experience with online dating on Craigslist.org and posted it on my other blog at open salon dot com.
I had met Craig Newmark during the whole scandal of "The Craig's List Killer," and felt that my experience with Craig's List was an example of the organic and sincerity of most people who post or peruse Craig's List. In fact, the overwhelming response and the transperancy of most of my responses actually restored my faith in mankind, as in kind men.
The article Megan Scott wrote about BBWs and online dating has crossed the wires and is starting to get internet pick up.
Here is the link to the first paper to post it. Let me know about your experience with online dating.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I met my husband online. But we didn't meet to date. We met as friends. From May to Nov we never met in person. Then Nov to Jan we met but weren't dating. In Jan we started dating and 2 yrs later were married. I think building up a friendship first is what made our relationship work.