Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Annual Swimsuit Safari



I'm on my annual swimsuit safari - the hunt for inexpensive swimwear for the daily dip and swim workout.
Starting in early February, I hit a couple of Ross stores every week to see what the mix is and try to find a fit.
I'm seeking something that covers, is flattering, has a liner, and that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear. After years of hunting down cheap suits, I've accepted the fact that the Michael Kors and Calvin Klein suits in my size are few and far between.
But I'm seeing more brand names at Ross this year. I scored a Miracle Suit for $29.00. Miraclesuits rarely go on sale and they run an average of $150, which is a lot of suit.
I love Miraclesuits, I usually invest one sexy black v neck, halter or wrap style for social swims, in hopes of getting one summer out of it.
I swim in a chlorine pool six months out of the year. The chlorine destroys the elastic fibers, and I go through one of the discounted suits every three or four weeks.
This week I picked up a suit from It Figures. I like It Figures suits. I've showcased them in numerous swim fashion print layouts and TV segments over the years.
Be Your Own Stylist Tip
It Figures offers suits in cup sizes, including their C Cup & UP® suits that can fit up to an E cup size.
And this season a portion of the proceeds from each purchase will be donated to fund advanced research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

1 comment:

plusstyle said...

AlwaysForMe.com has a great selection of plus size swimsuits - from sexy two piece tankini styles to sporty chlorine resistant swimsuit separates where you can mix and match the sizes and styles of tops and bottoms for you best fit. Designer swimsuit labels like Carol Wior, Christina, Delta Burke, It Figures, Miraclesuit, Speedo and more ..
http://www.alwaysforme.com/