Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Glamour's October 2009 Issue - Eight Nude and Beautiful Plus Size Models

There has been a big turn around in the magazine world when it comes to editorial pages devoted to plus size women. My next few posts will share some of the recent coverage with you.
It's been a long time coming. I remember suiting up to meet with publishing executives at Hearst in the late nineties. I made a presentation that showed them the "huge" numbers of potential readers they were missing out on.
And by not including fashion tips and clothing available in larger sizes in occasional fashion layouts, I let them know they were insulting the existing readership who fell into this demographic.
As it turned out, I met with deaf ears and even though I had a positive working relationship with Hearst and several of the editors at the time, they simply refused to believe you, yes YOU, were really reading their magazines.
So it's with great pleasure that I share some of the nice layouts that have appeared in magazines in recent months.
Here is a link to Trend Hunter dot com, showing some of the images that were in Glamour's October 2009 issue.

No comments: